United Way advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Our focus is on education, income, and health, because these are the building blocks for a good quality of life. We recruit the people and organizations from all across the community who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. We invite you to be part of the change. You can give, you can advocate, and you can volunteer. That's what it means to LIVE UNITED.
United Way envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability, and healthy lives.
Imagine a world that fosters hope and opportunity for everyone…
- Where all children receive a quality education that offers a pathway to a brighter tomorrow.
- Where the cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends, and productive livelihoods begin for even the most disadvantaged.
- Where everyone receives effective health care that improves quality of life.
- Where communities not only set significant and measurable goals to advance these fundamental elements of human development, but achieve them.
To improve lives by mobilizing and sustaining the caring power of our community.
To do this well we will:
- Ignite a social movement, and thereby mobilize hundreds to action --to give, advocate and volunteer to improve the conditions in which they live.
- Inspire and connect all sectors of society --individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and governments --to create long-term social change that produces healthy, well-educated and financially-stable individuals and families.
- Raise, invest and leverage thousands of funds annually in philanthropic contributions to create and support innovative programs and approaches to generate sustained impact in the Greater Hartsville Area.
- Hold ourselves accountable to this cause through our steadfast commitment to continually measure --in real terms --improvement in education, income and health.
Darlington County / Greater Hartsville Area
Number of Community Partner Agencies: 17
Number of Funded Programs: 17